Monday, June 11, 2012

Mac Miller Introduces Bonnaroo To Pink Slime

MANCHESTER, Tennessee ? Mac Miller hit Manchester, Tennessee, on Sunday for the final round of performances at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, treating fans to a few of his biggest mixtape hits and giving the first U.S. performance of his Pharrell collaboration "On A Roll."

The Pittsburgh rapper tackled hits like "Donald Trump" and a slew of new material from his Macadelic mixtape, including the Cam'ron-featured "Ignorant" and "Angels." Mac also decided that Bonnaroo was the perfect place to give the first live performance of his brand-new single "On a Roll," the first track released from Pink Slime, his collaboration EP with Pharrell.

And, being that it was a music festival, Mac kept energy levels up within the vast crowd by mixing things up and paying tribute to a few legendary musicians. He hosted a sing-a-long to Bob Marley and covered Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror," in addition to dropping a couple tracks from Tupac and the Notorious B.I.G. into his set.

Before his set, Mac played a little coy about his performance backstage, telling MTV News he'd just be happy if the crowd knew his songs. "I picture that I'm gonna go out there and no one's gonna know who I am, so that probably will suck," he said. "But if people do know who I am, that will be tight."

How many surprises did he have planned for the set?

"Zero," he joked. "I couldn't bring my video screen, I don't think, but I think [maybe] I could've because Skrillex brought his spaceship," he wondered out loud. "So I could've definitely brought my video screens, but we're just gonna do a cool show and it's just about trying to turn tens of thousands of people into an intimate crowd."

Jessica Simpson Zooey Deschanel Aaliyah Abbie Cornish Adriana Lima Adrianne Curry Adrianne Palicki

No comments:

Post a Comment