Saturday, June 9, 2012

Big Sean In A 'Whole Different Thought Mentality' On Sophomore Album

Big Sean's debut LP Finally Famous was pretty darn good, but for his upcoming sophomore album, the Detroit MC is aiming to be even better.

"I feel like when I dropped my first album, I was still coming into myself as an artist," Sean told MTV News in May. "I have a better sense of who I am, what I represent, who I represent."

Sean hasn't announced the title of his next LP, but he did confirm with MTV News that it will come later this year, after G.O.O.D. Music's Cruel Summer compilation is released. He says that now he has a different mentality than he did on FF, which yielded hit singles like the Chris Brown-assisted "My Last" and "Dance (A$$)," a few all-star collaborators won't hurt either.

"I've been in the studio with 'Ye, talking with 'Ye, building ideas with No I.D., even with Nas, with other people and really talking to 'em and soaking up where their minds is at," Sean said, "Then taking that and applying it to what I know myself. It ain't no choice but to be good."

It was during his tour last year that Sean began to develop more as an MC. "I also have a sense of how people look at me, just by going on tour, my first solo tour, sold-out tour and seeing the people and kids who looked at me as a role model," he said. "That's when I realized when you got the mic, you got the crowd, you gotta say something, or else your moment in time is wasted. It's just a whole different thought mentality."

What was your favorite song off of Big Sean's Finally Famous? Let us know in the comments!

Daisy Fuentes Dania Ramirez Danica Patrick Daniella Alonso Danneel Harris Deanna Russo Denise Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment