Friday, August 26, 2011

Rihanna Raises A Glass To Fans In 'Cheers' Video

Summer is coming to a close, but it looks like Rihanna is going to keep the party going for a little longer. On Friday (August 26), the pop force debuted the video for her celebratory tune "Cheers (Drink to That)," a behind-the-scenes concert montage with brief cameo appearances by Avril Lavigne, Jay-Z and Kanye West.

Chanting fans kick off the almost-five minute clip, which cuts between candid footage of the songstress backstage before and after her shows, and enjoying the festivities during her recent trip to Barbados. Rocking some denim blue shorts, a colorful cropped top and sunglasses, Rihanna also gives fans a glimpse of her performance of the tune during her Loud tour set. "Cheers (Drink to That)" samples Avril Lavigne's yodel from her 2002 hit "I'm With You," so it's only appropriate that the visual includes sporadic blink-of-the-eye appearances from the pop rocker horsing around by the pool.

"It was really exciting because 'I'm With You' is one of my favorite songs that I've done, I always love performing it," Lavigne said last year of being sampled on "Cheers."

"Cheers to the freaking weekend/ I drink to that, yeah yeah/ Oh, let the Jameson sink in/ I drink to that, yeah yeah/ Don't let the bastards get you down/ Turn it around with another round/ There's a party at the bar everybody put your glasses up and I drink to that," Rihanna sings, almost casually, as she's seen toasting fans and friends onstage and in bars.

Hours after the debut, Rih took to Twitter to ask fans what they thought about the clip, writing, "CHEERS... U like??? #drinktothat #RihannaNavy I love yall forever!!!!! Keep making me proud!"

The Rihanna Navy has been pushing for the singer to release "Cheers (Drink to That)" since the LP's release, and there's no denying that the Barbados beauty also has love for the song. "I love that song ['Cheers']. That is one of my favorite songs on the album. It makes you feel like celebrating," Rihanna told MTV News last year. "It gives you a great feeling inside, like you want to go out and have a drink. ... People can't wait for the weekend."

Drew Barrymore Ehrinn Cummings Elena Lyons Elisabeth Rˆhm

No comments:

Post a Comment