Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Taylor Swift To Premiere 'Ours' Video Friday

Taylor Swift is giving her fans a little treat for the holidays: a brand-new music video. The singer will drop the clip for her Speak Now ballad "Ours" on E! on Friday evening.

In a photo tease from the video, Swift sits on a bed in just a white, oversized cardigan, her hair swept up, looking off into the distance. Swift performed the song at the CMA Awards earlier this month. For the performance, she kept it equally simple, sitting on a big, comfy couch, strumming her guitar.

The track, featured on a bonus edition of her chart-topping 2010 album, is a country-tinged ditty about falling for someone everyone thinks you shouldn't. On it, she sings, " 'Cause I love the gap between your teeth/ And I love the riddles that you speak/ And any snide remarks from my father about your tattoos will be ignored/ 'Cause my heart is yours."

The timing of the video release comes just as Swift is knee-deep in writing her next album. "I've just been so excited about what's gonna happen in the next year," she said. "I'm also really excited about [the next album]. I've been writing all the time. I've been writing so much for the new record. I can't believe I'm saying that already: It comes out in a year, but I'm already excited about it."

As the year wraps up, Swift's schedule remains busy until the holidays. She was on hand Tuesday night for a taping of CMT Artists of the Year in Nashville. It airs December 13 and will also feature Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum and Brad Paisley.

But perhaps what has Swift the most pumped is the holiday season. "I'm excited about the holidays," she said. "I love Christmas. I love the whole buildup to Christmas and the way that everything is exciting and wintergreen-ish and Christmas tree-ish."

What are you expecting from the "Ours" video? Let us know in the comments!

Georgianna Robertson Georgina Grenville Gina Carano Gina Gershon Gina Philips Gisele B¸ndchen Giuliana DePandi

No comments:

Post a Comment