Thursday, November 24, 2011

'Rampart' Star Woody Harrelson On The 'Marvelous Movie' That Almost Wasn't

Last week, reports surfaced that Woody Harrelson did not like the film that's earning him Best Actor buzz, "Rampart." The film, a re-teaming for him and his "Messenger" director Oren Moverman, follows one of the dirtiest cops the LAPD has ever seen and was one that Harrelson felt incredibly passionate about while working on it.

"I had such high hopes for this movie. I really felt it was going to be great. Didn't like it," Harrelson said. "It veered substantially away from what we shot, and it was substantially different from the script, the ending, several characters dropped out. Lots of things changed."

Harrelson's disappoint resulted in a months-long rift between him and Moverman, someone who the actor considers "a brother." It wasn't until the Toronto International Film Festival that Harrelson revisited the movie.

"I'm thinking, 'Do you want me to say how much I hate this movie?' Saw the movie. I sit there, watching 5, 10, 15 minutes, and I'm like, 'God d***, this is pretty good,'" he Harrelson said. "Twenty minutes, an hour. 'This is good.' Then I sat through the whole thing. I kept waiting for it to go south, and it never did. I think it's a marvelous movie, totally original movie."

For Harrelson, finally enjoying the movie meant more than liking a movie he worked on; it meant a reconciliation with Moverman. "I walked up to [Moverman] and I said, 'Well, it takes a man to admit he's wrong, and I was really wrong on this one.' We hugged each other, and actually, we both wept because the rift was so difficult for both of us," he said.

The two remain close, and Harrelson said he would work on anything Moverman approaches him with. "I don't even need to read the script. I just say, 'Yes.'"

Tell us what you think in the comments section and on Twitter!

Tags Rampart, woody harrelson

Dania Ramirez Danica Patrick Daniella Alonso Danneel Harris Deanna Russo Denise Richards Desiree Dymond

No comments:

Post a Comment