Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Exclusive 'Friends With Kids' Featurette And Interview With Adam Scott

For Jennifer Westfeldt's latest film, "Friends With Kids," she cast her husband, Jon Hamm, Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Chris O'Dowd, and Adam Scott as a group of friends living in the city, on the brink of parenthood. Considering that ensemble, it isn't hard to imagine the mood on set during shooting.

"Dour," Scott told us. "Obviously."

"Friends With Kids" hits Blu-ray and DVD today, and we have an exclusive look at the bloopers from the disc. You can also check out our full interview with Adam Scott after the jump!

In all seriousness, Scott said that an ensemble full of people he knows and has worked with really made the whole experience a lot more fun. "You shoot and then you stop, and instead of awkwardly sitting around with 'Getting to know you' chit-chat, you could immediately just f--- around," Scott said.
"That's what you hope for because there's a lot of in-between time, when you're working on a movie, so you hope it's with people that make that in-between time fun."

During filming, Scott worked closely with Westfeldt, who also acts as the co-lead. For him, that came with some added pressure.

"You want hold up your end of the scene, while pleasing them in a director capacity. I think whenever you're in something, you want to please the director. There's always this thing in the back of my mind anyway, where I want them like what I'm doing," he said. "When you're doing that with the person you're acting the majority of your scenes with it, it's kind of double duty. After a few days, I just got used to it. It was fine, but I was kind of neurotic about it for the first week. We've known each other a long time, so it was not a big deal. "

From the start, Scott loved his role, but was concerned that Westfeldt made a mistake. "I remember it was a really good role, and I wasn't sure why she was approaching me, because she was trying to get a movie made and I don't help get money for a movie, certainly as much as some other people who would have gladly taken the role," he said. "I was really moved by it, so I jumped at the chance. I kept checking with her to make sure she was sure she wanted me to do it, and she was, so I was all for it. I was thrilled."

Tags Adam Scott, friends with kids

Jaime King Jaime Pressly Jamie Chung Jamie Gunns Jamie Lynn Sigler Janet Jackson January Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment