Monday, January 30, 2012

'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Is 'Mind-Blowing,' Says Mary Elizabeth Winstead

In MTV News' recent visit to the set of "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," we learned that the movie will be anything but a traditional look back at the life of our 16th president. Most biopics about Lincoln don't involve Honest Abe utilizing his own custom form of axe-centered martial arts.

"It's a very unique take," Mary Elizabeth Winstead told MTV News at the Sundance Film Festival, in what may be the biggest understatement in movies this year.

We caught up with Winstead, who was in Park City for her new movie "Smashed," to talk about playing the woman behind the presidential undead killer, Mary Todd Lincoln. Unfortunately for the actress, her role as Mary Todd doesn't involve much axe-throwing.

"I'm kind of on the sidelines, but I'm very suspicious of my husband's [actions] and what's going on in his life," she said. "I know that he's hiding something from me. You sort of see me piecing things together."

"Vampire Hunter" comes out of the twisted minds of author Seth Grahame-Smith and the film's director Timur Bekmabetov. Having not seen the finished product yet, Winstead couldn't even begin to explain what we'll all see when the movie opens in June.

"I honestly have no idea what to expect, even though I'm in the movie," she said. "It's really hard to promote in a way because I haven't seen it, but I know it's going to be just mind-blowing. It's not something I can really visualize myself, because it's so unique to him visually."

Are you looking forward to seeing "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"? Let us know in the comments below and on Twitter!

Tags Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Smashed, Sundance 2012

Christina Applegate Christina DaRe Christina Milian Christina Ricci Chyler Leigh Ciara Cindy Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment