Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ke$ha Wanted 'Sleazy' Remix To Be 'Gangster'

Ke$ha snagged four of the biggest rappers in the game for the latest remix of her Cannibal track "Sleazy." After getting Andre 3000 on a 1.0 remix, Ke$ha and producer Dr. Luke upped the ante for "Sleazy Remix 2.0 Get Sleazier" by adding Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa and T.I. to the mix.

"These were all kind of on my wish list of people to work with in the future," she told MTV News on Friday (December 16) about the remix, which was released earlier this week. "Dr. Luke and I had this idea that we wanted to just get them all on one track and make it as gangster of a track as we possibly could. It was kind of a little bit of a mission, and the fact that we pulled it off just in time for Christmas ? I'm stoked about it."

Ke$ha said it was "totally a process" trying to get some of the busiest guys in the music industry to make time for the song.

"When I first got Andre 3000 on it, that was a dream come true ... then it was Lil Wayne. Then it was Wiz Khalifa. And each one of them it was like a victory," she said. Weezy was working in the same studio as the pop star, so she "bum-rushed" him to talk about the remix. "We got to talking, and he asked me what my sign was and we realized we could make some sick music together."

Once T.I. was onboard, Ke$ha knew it was time for them to put it out."Finally it was like, 'OK, that's pretty f---ing gangster ... mission accomplished.' "

And Ke$ha says she couldn't be happier with the finished product. "You can really tell they put their best into their lyrics. I'm really proud of the remix 'cause I feel like everyone is really f---ing going for it," she said. "All of their verses are really incredible."

Share your reviews of the "Sleazy" remix in the comments!

Ali Larter Alice Dodd Alicia Keys Alicia Witt Amanda Bynes Amanda Detmer Amanda Marcum

No comments:

Post a Comment