Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mel Gibson Joins 'Machete Kills,' Robert Rodriguez Likely Directing

Reason number one why "Machete Kills" is going to be awesome: it's called "Machete Kills." It also has Danny Trejo once again in the lead role, for another. And now yet another reason to pay attention to Robert Rodriguez's grindhouse sequel: Mel Gibson is joining the cast.

Deadline reports that the controversial "Lethal Weapon" actor is "now in serious discussions to play a supporting role" in Rodriguez's second feature-length "Machete" film, after flirting with a part earlier this month. Exactly who he'll play is unclear, but if he's not directly involved in combat against the blade-wielding Federale, we're going to be angrier than Mel, assuming that's possible.

In other "Machete Kills" news, Rodriguez recently spoke with The Hollywood Reporter and revealed that he's likely going to direct the entire movie himself before moving onto "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For."

?There?s so much of it that I want to direct I?ll probably end up directing the whole thing,? he said. ?But if I have to step off, I?m going to try and shoot all of the actors and all of the main sequences. But it?s such a fun movie, and it just came out even more fun than I could have imagined.?

?I feel like I really need to do it," he continued. ?It?s so subjective I feel like I really need to get in there and do it. It?s just a lot of fun; it?s a really cool concept, and I think it takes it to another level in a way that?s compelling for me to go and do it myself."

Tell us what you think of the "Machete" news in the comments section or on Twitter!

Tags machete kills, mel gibson, robert rodriguez

Danica Patrick Daniella Alonso Danneel Harris Deanna Russo Denise Richards Desiree Dymond Diane Kruger

No comments:

Post a Comment